Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Los Muñequitos, the way they were...

I finally rented "Los Muñequitos de Matanzas: Live in L.A." over the weekend. I never heard much about this when it came out, and now I understand why.

What a disappointment. The group is just a mere shadow of its former self. And the CD is shoddily produced as well. Why can't these things ever seem to be made by someone who understands rumba?

Fortunately I had also rented "Roots of Rhythm" and just this 1:14 seconds of footage was worth the entire "Live in LA" DVD.

How I wish that someday all this footage (and the Clave y Guaguancó, and the Isaac Oviedo from the same doc) would surface, it is all really priceless.



you can download this clip from rapidshare (31MB):

http://rapidshare.de/files/30529433/munecos.mp4

1 comment:

chumly said...

That was a great music video. Thank you.